Whistler, British Columbia is a world-renowned destination for outdoor adventure, and that includes dog-friendly activities. If you’re a dog owner, you know that your furry friend is an essential part of your family, and you don’t want to leave them behind when you go on vacation. Fortunately, Whistler is a pet-friendly destination with plenty of activities for you and your dog to enjoy together. In this post, we’ll explore some of the best dog-friendly activities in Whistler.
Whistler is known for its stunning natural beauty, and there are plenty of hiking trails that you and your dog can enjoy together. Some of the most popular dog-friendly trails in Whistler include:
- Lost Lake Trail: A 5.5 km loop trail that takes you through a beautiful forest and around Lost Lake. Dogs must be on a leash.
- Rainbow Lake Trail: A 16 km out-and-back trail that leads to Rainbow Lake. Dogs must be on a leash.
- Ancient Cedars Trail: A 2.5 km out-and-back trail that takes you through an old-growth forest. Dogs must be on a leash.
If you want to grab a bite to eat with your dog in tow, there are several dog-friendly restaurants in Whistler. Some of the best options include:
- HandleBar Cafe and Après: This cozy spot serves up delicious coffee, beer, and food and welcomes dogs on their patio. They even have a special dog menu featuring puppuccinos and dog treats! So if you’re looking for a fun and dog-friendly place to grab a bite to eat in Whistler, be sure to check out HandleBar Cafe and Après.
- The Brewhouse: This pub serves up delicious food and drinks and welcomes dogs on their patio.
- The Fitzsimmons Pub: This pub is a favourite among locals and tourists alike and welcomes dogs on their patio.
Whistler Dog Parks
If your dog needs to burn off some energy, there are several dog parks in Whistler where they can run and play. Some of the best dog parks include:
- Meadow Park: This park has an off-leash area where dogs can play and a swimming area for dogs to cool off.
- Alpha Lake Park: This park has an off-leash area where dogs can play and a dock for dogs to jump off and swim.
- Rainbow Park: This park has an off-leash area where dogs can play and a beach area for dogs to swim.
Whistler is a pet-friendly destination with plenty of activities for you and your dog to enjoy together. From hiking trails and dog-friendly restaurants to dog parks and swimming areas, there’s no shortage of fun for you and your furry friend in Whistler. So, if you’re planning a trip to Whistler, don’t leave your dog behind. Bring them along for the adventure!